Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Speeding

Yesterday I received in the post my very first, and maybe last, letter from the police stating their ‘intention to prosecute’ me for speeding. I accept I was speeding, at 4am in the morning no less. But when I read the letter I was disappointed to find I was only doing 35mph in a 30mph zone. I was convinced at the time I was doing 40mph in a 30mph zone. (I feel at this point I should add that I was under the impression the limit on that particular section of road was 40mph, I was not, therefore, speeding intentionally). But 5mph over the limit?! I’m hardly Vin Diesel, though if I was I could certainly anticipate greater success with the ladies.  My choices are now, 1) Return the letter within 28 days admitting all wrong doing. 2) Don’t return the letter within 28 days just to see what will happen 3) Consult a solicitor 4) Pay a £60 fine and receive 3 points on my licence (and up to now its been clean so there is room on said licence for those points) 5)Pay £75 get no points but have to attend a ‘Speed Awareness Course’. I feel I have no need to attend such a course as I am well aware what speed is and any basic physics textbook will help me out with that. I feel that I’ll probably take the course and can now look forward to 4 hours of being in a room being told about something I’m already well aware of. Perhaps, with any luck, there may be a buffet afterwards, or at the least light refreshments, so that myself and my fellow offenders will be greater able to see the error of our ways. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment